FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary
Old Feb 15, 2011, 8:22 am
DoubleJ

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by GamecockFan
I was wondering that myself. I'm pretty sure my approval said World MC. I printed it out but all I got was a blank page so I can't go back and verify. But I am positive the picture they showed was the Premier World MC. This page shows there is a World MC but who knows what that involves.

http://www.mostmiles.com/
WT....???

Looking at the link you provided it evident there is a third card as two are clearly shown [the Premier World MasterCard (Annual fee $89) and the World MasterCard (Annual fee $49)], and the third (Platinum Card) is referred to in the footnotes:
In order to be approved for a Premier World MasterCard or World MasterCard and all of the benefits featured here, you must meet the credit and income criteria previously established for this offer. If you do not qualify, we will automatically consider you for a Platinum card which offers fewer benefits and a lower annual fee.
Bonus Miles: Premier World MasterCard Cardmembers will receive 12,500 bonus miles and World and Platinum Cardmembers will receive 5,000 bonus miles after the first use of your account for a Purchase or Balance Transfer (that are not later returned or rescinded) and have paid the Annual Fee on the account (and such fee is not rescinded).
Clearly of course this is a different promotion, but it does show that three levels of US Airways cards clearly exist.

I do have a screenshot of my approval page and it says "Congratulations, you have been approved for your US Airways World MasterCard with a Revolving Credit Line of $xx,xxx.xx". Yet the card illustration accompanying the approval is clearly a Premier World MasterCard as it clearly states on the upper right corner of the card "Premier World".

Since the promotion under which I applied for the card had no stipulation for being given a "World MasterCard" (as it did for a "Platinum Card") if one is turned down for the "Premier World MasterCard", I will assume that I have been approved for the Premier World MasterCard.