FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thanks for changing my schedule, B6
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2011, 6:40 pm
Out of my Element

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
No, they'll give me credit, since I paid for 90% of the RT fare with credit. Which raises one question and one problem:

A) They told me the cash part I paid "went to the westbound flight which I'm keeping", so I can't get any cash (credit card) credit. How the hell do they get to chose which leg was paid partially with cash?
B) I'm not planning any further travel this year on B6, so the credit will be wasted. We had paid for very expensive BOS/FLL tix in the fall, knowing the price would probably drop, and that we'd be using that credit for this trip. Now we'll have a nice credit that will probably expire.

They offered to send me back from Long Beach, but I have a rental car from LAX, and they can't get me to Long Beach, that's up to me.

Plan C is that I will rebook on Virgin now, and not cancel my return trip until the last minute, so the credit won't take affect until May, and I'll have a bit longer to hopefully use that credit next year up until May. That would work, wouldn't it? I mean the waiting to credit the flight and having the one year calendar not start until then?