FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CW or F on a BA Chase Card Companion Certificate
Old Feb 12, 2011, 6:55 pm
Droch

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, VS Gold Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold,
CW or F on a BA Chase Card Companion Certificate

What would you do?

I opened the BA Chase card with the 100k points for me and my wife last year. Last year I spent over the 30k and recieved the Companion Certificate for MFR. How it works is I log in to my BA account and it shows I have a certificate to use. I use our house hold points and my companion gets a free flight (yes I know I have to pay taxes.)

So my delima is fly in F or CW. 100k or 150k points for a flight from PHL to LHR or beyond to a certain point in Europe.

I just ran it through on the website and flying from PHL to MUN was going to be 150k points for 2 of us and 1500 dollars but this is flying in F and CE.
Total cost would normally be 22k dollars.

I look at it this way. My wife is racking up about 120k miles a year or more flying in CW for business to LHR and BOM from PHL. She can't upgrade using MFU because its booked through a travel agency. So why not fly in F this time. I flew in F last year one way and it was so much nicer than CW. Once you fly in F its tought sitting back further.

Any suggestion on where to go to and what class will be concidered.