FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated NRT connection time / logistics
Old Feb 12, 2011, 6:49 pm
BoyPinoy

Long time lurker, first time poster. This community is awesome and full of good info. I hope the community's collective wisdom will be extended to my predicament. In other words, PLEASE HELP!

I'm flying into NRT from MNL using ANA, final destination YYC using AC. This flight is an award ticket using my UA Mileage+. I'm sweating the connection between ANA and AC because all I have is only an HOUR to connect between the two international flights. The trip is in August, so I'm hoping weather conditions will be OK.

Based on my research of NRT's configuration, it seems both AC & ANA are located in the South Wing of Terminal 1. NRT's website states:

Connection Between International Flights:

Please proceed through the security checkpoint for transit passengers to the airline connecting flights counters in the departures area (connecting flights counters for some airlines are located before the security checkpoint).

Questions:

1. When I exit ANA, do I have to go to a security checkpoint to reach AC's international check-in counter? If so, how do I minimize any delays/hassle? Should I notify an airport security staff of my short time window?

2. Do I have to get my check-in baggage from ANA to check-in to AC, or is it an automatic transfer between the two carriers?

3. If I have to get my check-in luggage and go to another security checkpoint, is an HOUR enough?

Thank you all in advance