FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary
Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:52 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by tassojunior
35K FIRST PURCHASE LINK

Yes it's just US Air and yes it's Barclays. But for those of us frozen out by Citi AA and maxed at Chase and AmEx, Barclays is another company to get a relationship with. Also for some of us (like DCA) US is the primary carrier.

US Air now has an waived-fee Dividend Miles card. That's extremely unusual for Barclays. The initial bonus after 1st use is 35K miles. Each anniversary 10K more miles is given ($89 annual fee).

There is also an very attractive balance transfer offer: Up to 10,000 miles for a $10K balance transfer with 0% interest for 6 months and a maximum BT fee of $100.

Holders of this credit card get 5K discounts on reward redemptions.

I believe the card also helps restore expired miles.

US is a *Alliance member.

In addition:

*Earn 10,000 miles towards Dividend Miles Preferred status
*Up to two $99 companion tickets annually
*Preferred check-In
*Preferred Zone 2 boarding
*One complimentary US Airways Club day pass annually
*Discount on annual US Airways Club membership

Barclays is good to get a relationship with as they have many travel cards. I've been surprised at how pleasant they are on the telephone and how good their online account is.

There is also a no-fee US Air card which one can downgrade to after the first year to avoid the annual fee if the benefits of the regular card aren't useful.

I have no idea whether churning or coins are possible.
Does anyone have info on the bolded part? I personally don't believe in paying annual fees for credit cards no matter how attractive offers are. Also, I have read somewhere on the US forum that people have been "threatened" with losing the bonus miles if the card is canceled. Lastly, if one were to downgrade to the no fee card, is it safe to assume that the account number would remain the same with different earning ratio? If so, would that still qualify for the anniversary bonus? TIA.

LAX