FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Touching face and hair -- what is point?
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:00 am
Slide101

Wigs

Originally Posted by flyless
Touching the hair won't tell you whether it is a wig or not.
There are huge numbers of women who wear wigs in this country. Many of them due to medical reasons. Some men wear "rugs" to hide baldness. It really isn't anyone's business that they wear these items. I have a friend who just underwent chemotherapy and radiation. She lost all of her hair. A mutual friend has offered her a vacation getaway in a month or so so she can get a much needed rest from a terrible year. She has survived breast cancer after all. However, in order for her to take advantage of this vacation she would have to fly and is upset about the prospect of having to choose between radiation (since she has just completed a ton of it) or being groped which will dislodge her wig and she would find this embarrassing. She definitely would not want to go into a "private room" and be groped. This just isn't fair after all she has been through. We are trying to find another place for her to vacation that would involve taking a train and I think we've found the solution, but still, it is unbelievable that all these personal issues are laid out for all to see. I feel bad for women who are going through this.