FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Touching face and hair -- what is point?
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:19 pm
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
I can tell you exactly why they do it.

Because these are places prison inmates commonly hide narcotics and other contraband, and the "experts" at TSA are using that law enforcement model to define what constitutes a "proper" pat down.
yes - I can understand face now too, I guess it would pick up if you were holding something inside your mouth.

Sorry to mislead other posters here. I am not in the slightest bit 'terrorised' or in any other way afraid by terrorists. I am pleasantly calm and collected, and take airport security in my stride. There are, to me, more important things to get worked up about.

I am aware however that when i board a plane certain security measures have been taken, I can understand why they have been taken, and i feel a bit safer.

Thanks cartoon peril for the links. a few of those state the neck was touched, not the face. That is the reason i wanted to have the sources so i could see if it was 'face stroking' or something quite different.

I am not in any way condoning illegal activity by the TSA. If that occurs then it should be punished appropriately. But standard checks, which for example are conducted in prisons to check for contraband, or are conducted by customs officials for contraband, or have been conducted by security at Amsterdam for decades (etc etc) do not stike me as extraordinary.