FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best credit card coversion rate to Asiamiles in 2009? (For FTers based in HK)
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:08 pm
maya1005

Thanks, Percy. I now understand why you can do all that math about the miles/dollar - you're an accountant!

The 5x points for Citi rewards card is interesting. It is much better than the Citi Premiermiles card, which is supposedly the higher level card!

As I have the Citi PM card already, I won't be eligible for the welcome offer. But do you think it's worth applying for the Citi rewards card and then transferring all my Citi PM spending to that card? I'm primarily thinking about Octopus spending and autopay for my mobile phone operator (Three). The deal with the supermarkets and department stores is good.

Do you know that points earned on different Citi credit cards can be combined together for transfer, or are they treated as separate accounts?

As for Citi rewards compared to Fubon Titanium/Platinum, assuming that Fubon renews its deal with Asiamiles to beyond Feb 2011 (strange it hasn't announced anything up till now - suggests likelihood of non-extension?), would the Citi rewards card be even better as the points should not expire (I'm assuming it's the same as Citi PM) and there is no transfer fee (not really sure about this, but shouldn't be as much as Fubon?)?

Btw, I applied for, and received, the DBS Black card already. Now using it to earn miles faster! Thanks for the rec - you're the best!

Thanks,
Maya