FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Proposal: Allow Talkboard members to moderate the Talkboard Topics forum
Old Feb 11, 2011, 1:39 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
koko, I believe the problem with having a non-moderator moderate a forum may be a technical limitation. It may not be possible to enable thread moving, editing, and deletion capability without also granting access to the moderators' discussion forum. If such a thing were possible, I can think of any number of people who I would trust as, in effect, assistant moderators.

Back to the OP, my concern was that the TB would argue about whom to appoint to this position. As others have noted, the proposal could also create fear of and perception of politically motivated moderation decisions in this forum. We don't need that.

We've been getting unbiased and consistent moderation here, but if you'd like it to be different in some way, send a private message to the moderator to explain your feelings.