FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:11 pm
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by vsepr
eh...I tink you got the wrong concept...you will never run out of $$ on ur ez-link card with auto top up when you board the bus or MRT because when the value in the ez-link card runs to S$1 and below, when you tap, it will auto add S$50.

You cannot use the ez-link card to pay things at guardian, marketplace, 7-eleven etc for things exceeding the value in your ez-link card. say if you have $5 in your ez-link card and you wan to pay $5.01, the transaction will not go through. But if the item is $4.90, it will go through and the value in your ez-link card left is $0.10. And with this ez-link card with S$0.10, you board the bus and tap, S$50 will automatically be added and you have $50.10. when you leave the bus, you tap again, it deducts the busfare, say $1, and your card value left is $49.10....

Well not sure. I remember vividly last week that I bought bread at Peck (Italian) bakery at Taka and my total was 8$ while my EZ-Link card only had 5.xx on it. First the cashier said not enough money on the card, but I told her to try again and see if it auto-tops up. Now unless I was haluzinating it worked the second time she tried and I paid the full purchase via EZ link. 2 days later I found a 20.25 top up charge on my Citi Platinum Visa.