FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting / airport transit inside PVG Shanghai Pudong [Merged PVG connection thread
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:29 am
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lisalovlee33
So basically, there's 2 different stamps, the ARRIVAL STAMP (which is not what I want) and the TRANSFER/TRANSIT STAMP which is what I want?

In other words, my passport will be stamped but only a matter of which stamp they use. Also that means I will be going through immigration despite arriving (Air Canada) and leaving (Singapore Airlines) Shanghai, both out of terminal 2?

I've been reading a lot on this post, and come to the following conclusion. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I probably will end up in the ARRIVAL TERMINAL 2 and have to make my way to DEPARTURE TERMINAL 2. And in doing so, I will be following a sign that says INTERNATIONAL TRANSIT, and then all of a sudden, it will lead me through IMMIGRATION line. It's one big line no matter if you're transferring or entering China as a stop. So far am I correct? And then, I read about having to fill up an arrival form. Does everyone fill up the arrival form or just people who are actually entering China as a stop?

Baggage - AirCanada tells me bags will be sent all the way to Singapore. Now, reading the posts on this thread, I'm having second thoughts. Do I need to collect my bags and recheck them?

Thanks.
"Immigration" doesn't really exist in China, but this is basically a semantic point. Apart from that, you seem to have a decent grasp on the situation at hand. Regardless of what AC tells you, be prepared to: 1) get a stamp or two during your transit; and 2) collect your bags and recheck them.

There's no need for second thoughts; it will work out in the end.