FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wait, Didn’t you just had a RTW trip this year (AA F, CX F, TK F/J, LH F/J, UA F)
Old Feb 8, 2011, 8:08 pm
Short hair Francis

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Thank you for all the support and the feedback, I welcome it

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Can you clarify again your observations on the salads and desserts? Do you think theres a lack of options with those now? Also you think the quality of the food is the same as J?
With CX, in the past, J and F ran completely different food items for salad and dessert.
Nowadays, it is more or less the same, only larger portions being the difference for F and J.
How would I know this, F used to always do the chocolate lava cake and J tend to have the cheesecake in the past. In most days, i always swap in the J dessert provided there are extras. I asked the J dessert for this flight and they said it was the same, only bigger portions.

This is hard to explain to someone that haven't flown CX F in the past.

Originally Posted by SFO777
Great report Francis. Interesting that CX operates different equipment on both SFO flights, mixing 744 and 777. Our CX879 last Sunday was the 777. I really enjoyed it, especially since we were the only two on the DG side. Do you prefer the 744 or 777?
SFO777, this is a very hard argument personally.

Crew 2.5 on 744 for 9 passengers, 2 for 6 passengers on the 77W
The lavatory itself is way better on the 744
What can I say, I love peeing and watching the skies at 35000 feet

The cabin itself is the hardest to call,
I'm comparing 2K on the 77W on my LAX-HKG vs. 3K on 744 SFO-HKG for the record.
744 is a window/aisle 8 out 9, 77W is window/aisle 4/6

744 has a more private cabin since it doesnt lead to the cockpit but the aisles are narrower through row 3 and 4. Seats also lack a little extra space due the curvature of the plane.

77W has more room to the side of the seat, aisles are wider but more FAs past through from F to J.

It's almost impossible to make a call really.
Some people have different preferences.
I myself might lean slightly to the 77W because the flying map looks better
but the difference is so small.
I'll ask my family about this one since most of us have flown CX F one time or another so they might have a different outlook then I do

Personally, I would take whatever that 1) has award space 2) gets either best schedule or routing 3) try to get most amount of family members in F.
Nothing was sweeter than the time when my parents and I were all in F cabin/J service HKG-SIN back in Aug 2010

Last edited by Short hair Francis; Feb 8, 2011 at 8:13 pm