FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No more unlimited [int'l] BB data from VZW
Old Feb 8, 2011, 5:51 pm
mczlaw

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Thumbs down Shame on VZW

Just learned about this sleight of hand today when calling in advance of my upcoming trip to Spain.

One would think that prior users of the global data plan would have been offered some notice of the intent to cancel it.

As others have suggested, one would also think that VZW would want to make some "unlimited" plan available, even if aggressively priced. At least it would offer certainty.

When I travel abroad usually about once a year, my mobile is my GPS map. It's a secure feeling to have that right in hand and I rely on it constantly. But I now have no idea what the capability would cost, and the VZW bubblehead who took my call had no clue either. I'm not prepared to take the chance of incurring exorbitant charges.

Net to VZW, at least in my case but I'd bet in others as well: no revenue at all instead of some set amount.

Way to go. And if someone can offer an alternative superior to the static and fairly low-res maps available on the MapDroyd app, I'm all ears.

--mcz

PS: VZW, my contract ends in 10 months. That's how long you have to end this gouge and earn my business back.