FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flydubai
Thread: Flydubai
View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 2011, 3:42 pm
3dTravel

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold
Legroom Row 1 and 2 Pics

A quick update on a recent FlyDubai DXB-KTM roundtrip.

To be safe I pre purchased 20kg of luggage and for convenience I opted into the reserve a seat selecting row 2. Bulkhead seat had typical space - quite nice - row 2 and all rear were tight in my opinion on leg room. I didn't measure but I am 5' 7" and you can see from the pic knees were close to the seat back. I had the middle seat open both ways.

The flight out on Saturday to KTM was 50% full, the return more like 95% full. One could have easily not paid the fee to reserve but it's already so cheap why not ensure you are seated where you want to be and as comfortable as you can be.

When flying in to KTM for best Himals view select aft side, starboard side when flying from KTM to DXB. Beautiful views.

I was relatively pleased with check-in process both ways - slow but expected - (wish they would add an option of pay extra to bypass the check-in line tho) and with the flight crew.

Very impressed with the return flight crew from KTM to DXB enough so that I wrote a letter to commend. It was evident that many on the flight were first time flyers/travelers and to be kind virtually all passengers were clearly not versed in lavatory etiquette or flight etiquette. The flight crew demonstrated great respect and patience in helping educate when practical and more important were meticulous in maintaining public area/lavatories clean for the health and safety of other passengers. Better than any US carrier crew.

Pics:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...om-row-1-2.jpg

Last edited by 3dTravel; Feb 8, 2011 at 3:44 pm Reason: add pic link