FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2011, 9:19 pm
businesstraveller2

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
Sure thing. If you are driving up from Salt Lake - when you get off the freeway right away there is a major shopping area with a large grocery store and strip mall. I forget the name but I think they took my Ralph's card so it should be a major chain. That would be a good place to pick up stuff before checking in, then you can get them to carry your groceries up to the room along with your luggage. There should be tons of people waiting around to help you when you get there. The hotel food is fancy definitely not comfort food so I suggest to pick up whatever comfort type food you might want for your room. The chef at the Waldorf goes a little overboard IMO in terms of adding unusual stuff to the food. I remember weird stuff in the ice cream. You will get to the Canyons (where the Waldorf is) before you get into town and downtown park city is all cutsie boutiques and complicated parking so better to grab the stuff at the strip mall. I think there is a liquor store over there as well.