FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thanks CO; DirectTV preview runs out in F early in SuperBowl and no fix given
Old Feb 7, 2011, 1:12 pm
channa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by dlen111

The ONLY argument should have been the tact of the FA.

I dunno, it's so common that FAs have the ability to change/reset settings that I can see how the reaction to the FA would be that she's incorrect or being lazy.

I agree that after some attempts with the FA, giving up and paying $6, then fighting later would have been prudent. But it's so difficult to believe that the FA can't do something for the F cabin, that I can see how a customer would think the FA is the problem, not the infrastructure (or lack thereof).

CO really set their staff up to fail here without giving them any tools or ability to reset seats or comp on an individual basis. Did they really think any system would work so flawlessly that they wouldn't need to empower the crew with a local override of some sort? Or is it that CO simply doesn't trust its employees to exercise reasonable judgment in these situations, they'd much rather disappoint their F customers and make them go through extra effort to get made whole?