FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2011, 9:48 am
Roka

Originally Posted by Aewanabe
We're just back to earth, from a fantastic honeymoon. Hotel staff was excellent, from bell services, to front desk staff, to management and concierge. This is only my second stay at a Waldorf property (the first being the W-A El Conquistador for a wedding). The staff here blew away the Fajardo staff by a wide margin, in terms of overall politeness and general warmth.

I had spoken directly with a guest services manager on the phone about a week before check-in, after my disastrous call with the DD. (I should note that a DD supervisor pm'd me through here and followed up with the agents involved; it's no surprise they were, indeed, general agents handling over-flow volume).

At check in the same manager met us after bell services parked the car. We received sincere welcomes, more apologies about our experience with Hhonors, and an announcement that we had been double-upgraded from our King room to a whirlpool suite with w/d. The hotel provides the standard 1 free movie, 1000 points, and 10 percent discount at Golden Door and Spruce for Diamonds. Newspapers are available in the lobby, or your choice will be delivered if you ask. The room was beautiful, probably 1000 sq. ft total, with spectacular views of the pool area and the Canyons base area beyond.

I don't have time for a very detailed review right now; in short, the ski valet service was wonderful (we're far too spoiled now), Golden Door very nice but also pricey, Spruce was so-so (good drinks, appetizer, and soups/salad, mediocre entrees). Housekeeping responded to requests usually within 5 minutes. In-room dining quality ranged from average to superb, depending on the items.

Echoing someone's earlier review, the people really make this property. I fully intend to write a glowing note to the GM, and will be happy to provide more detailed info should any of you ask.
No breakfast for diamonds, right?