FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thanks CO; DirectTV preview runs out in F early in SuperBowl and no fix given
Old Feb 7, 2011, 9:38 am
tcook052
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by cbechdel
sometimes NO means NO. She said she couldn't comp it, he said she tried to fix it, and no she couldn't fix it. So now you want her to discuss with her crew what else she can do, even though she has ben trained on the system, and probably had this problem many times, as if we the PAX know more about operating it than she does.

I'm certain after the "cabin suggested she use her own card" she was completely over the outrageous suggestions being offered to her and repeated cry from customers to try some other method of fixing which her training has told her won't work anyway.

NO MEANS NO.

Somewhere in this forum, a FA has posted the picture of the FA controls for the system. Basically it's ON or OFF, no manner to go in and allow a particular station to reboot or comp. that's the limitation of the hardware on CO planes which does vary from other airlines, NOT of the FA.

Write to CO Customer care, they are the ONLY ONES who can accommodate this. The flight attendant herself should not be chosen to be you bank, unless she's the one you all paid your fares to initially.

NO MEANS NO.
And sorry but that's exactly what everyone has almost become conditioned to expect from airline, the same old 'no' and frankly I've almost had it with that approach whether it's actually true and correct or not which is beside the point which IMHO is that it's poor customer service to not be to offered a solution to such a dead-end. This FA on my flight, for example, never advised us we could swipe our card and seek reimbursement on co.com as another poster mentioned, though with no success which I'm sure is the desired outcome. Nor was even a simple apology tendered by any of the flight crew which might've gone a small way to mitigating the impact.

Surely it's not too much to expect that in a service industry there should be a Plan B when things don't work to keep the customer engaged if not totally happy. I'm not the type who fishes for compensation ever so don't expect when something goes wrong I automatically get a windfall but wasn't seeing the FA or the crew even trying to find another way to ease the frustration of an ill-timed tech glitch. Just MHO and YMMV.