FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 5, 2011, 4:43 pm
l etoile
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
This is one of the typical atrium-style properties that has been refurbished. I am staying using a suite upgrade and the desk agent acted as though I was given some great suite, but it's not a true suite. I think they call it a Plaza Suite. I'd say it's a large junior suite. There is a large room with a sitting area (sectional, chair), desk area, halfwall that divides the space and has a swivel flat-panel TV on it and then the bedroom area on the other side. I don't know that I'd use a suite upgrade here since it doesn't appear they give real suites, although the additional space is nice. I wonder what I would have received without the cert.

The bathrooms are clearly original and are typical of many Hyatts (small, older tubs, one sink). My room overlooks the river and is comfortable. Everything's functional.

The desk staff at check-in was friendly, presented me with free breakfast and Internet information without my asking. Breakfast was either the buffet at the restaurant or a credit of $16.95 plus tax and 15 percent tip. I was not asked about amenity preference and forgot to mention it.

There is no RC. The hotel gets a lot of NetJet pilots who stay here for weeks at a time while going to Gulfstream nearby for training. They have their own lounge.

Location is good - easy walking to most any of the sites in Savannah. There is an elevator in the hotel (separate from the room elevators) that takes you down to River Street.

The staff here has been overwhelmingly pleasant - from housekeeping, to room service and wait staff.

Last edited by l etoile; Feb 5, 2011 at 4:55 pm