FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF TATL Service in BE
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2011, 8:42 am
orlandodlplat

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by ncvet61
We booked 2 BE ATL-CDG on AF 681. Our first on a B777. However I'm finding different & confusing seat confiqurations. Delta lists our seats as 2A 2B, but Seat Guru doesn't show row 2 on a B777-200 and on the B777-300 Row 2 is Premiere. Will someone familiar with this flight please enlighten me. I'd hate to show up at ATL to find out we have no seat assigned. The more I searched, the more conflicting info I found.
This is pretty confusing and fraught with problems.

DO NOT PICK YOUR SEAT ON DL.COM. That is just a "request," and will not be honored by the AF system. You may end up with a middle seat. (Yes, there are middle seats in AF J.)

To pick your seats, go to www.airfrance.us and enter your ticket number to access your itinerary there. You can pick your seats (it's preferable to be in the small minicabin forward of door 2L) there.

But once you pick them, note that you have to keep checking back. The AF system STILL messed with my seats in advance of my most recent trip. I checked in to find that my wife and I had been separated. By then it was 24 hours to flight time and all seat assignments are under airport control. I was able to get the agent at check-in to fix the problem, but we almost were forced to sit apart.