FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Priceline Bidding] New site for Priceline hotel bidding help
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:41 pm
biddingtraveler

Originally Posted by DIAFlyer
I got a response to a message sent via the contact link through the site within a day addressing an issue I had when Priceline responds with the "We're Still Working On Your Request" page instead of either acceptance or rejection. I did notice in the autobidding session I tried that you can sort of see what Priceline's site is doing in the background behind the autobidding screen. Any delays I've seen, other than the one I reported, are a result of the speed of Priceline's responding to all the data.
We actually just now released a fix to address these issues. Yes, during an AutoBid, if Priceline is slow in responding, the software can sit there waiting and timeout. Even though the communication is directly between the user and Priceline, that's of no comfort to the user.. it used to take just one slow response, and the bidding would stop, which is frustrating if you're midway through a bid.

And yes, the "we're still working on your request" is annoying too.

However, that's all been fixed. Now, if you encounter the "we're still working on your request" page or Priceline stops responding you'll now be given the opportunity to restart the AutoBid exactly where it left off, after you've had a chance to take a look at everything.