FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2011)
Old Feb 3, 2011, 3:25 pm
Points Surfer

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
InterContinental Toronto Centre

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Standard King room @ CAA/AAA $155 for end of January - Used old style BOGO no problem.

How are the rooms?

Originally upgraded to 2 room suite on 16th flr. At check-in was recommended a better 2-room on the 9th w/lake-CN Tower view w/ Club access #925 Premier Suite. Terrific room with separate entrance-connected business lounge w/ 1/2 bath, large King bedroom/bathroom, lots of windows, Bose sound + LCD TV's in both. Comfortable, Clean, well stocked. No issues getting mini-bar refilled. Accurate billing, mini-bar & internet wiped w/o asking.

How is the exec. lounge?

Excellent - one of the best I've used. Stayed on a weekend. Personalized attention from great staff with lots of selection despite few guests.

What was good and what was bad?

Good: First stay here and all RA benefits honored on paid stay w/BOGO without asking. All contact with staff were friendly and helpful. Seemed to try extra for RA. Excellent Spa facility (except pool) and clean. Great restaurant w/ live Jazz band although short on waiter staff at nights. RA welcome gift a bottle of Canadian Maple Syrup.

Bad: Small pool/hot tub area (still lg compared IC Yorkville). Easily overwhelmed and really need a separate area for paying Spa guests.

Value for $ ? Would you return?

Excellent value. Absolutely return. Normally use IC Yorkville but after my first stay at IC Centre I'll switch in future

Last edited by Points Surfer; Feb 3, 2011 at 3:28 pm Reason: .