FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - airBaltic introduces it's own frequent flyer program
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:33 pm
Mr.Niels

Programs: SK*G, LH SEN
Riga-Pärnu is a bus-line operated by Lux Express Bus. There are no flights between Riga and Pärnu (and there never will be any)

Originally Posted by hbush
I couldn't find on airBaltic website any BT flights from Riga to Parnu. But let's assume there are some...

Rate is good but amount is much too small to make any real difference. To gain VIP status you need 50000 points. 500 flights to/from Parnu during one year... seems to me more like humiliation. You pay 30000 points for one Business class flight (~1 hour) to Helsinki... Heck, you now will pay 30000 points for +15 kg luggage. Thanks but no thanks.

Besides, 4 LVL is not the money you will pay for the ticket. It's highly theoretical flight price. Plus to these 4 LVL there will be added different flight charges, security fees, taxes etc.etc. And you will NOT earn 100 points anymore, just 5 points for 1 Euro in Economy.

Please tell us honestly how much you really paid for this Parnu ticket? Or was this only kind of theoretical excercise? My wild guess is for roundtrip about 50 LVL at minimum (about 70 Euros). And only if you are lucky to catch one of special web offers ("cherries"). So how much were your 4 LVL in real life, and how much points did you gain?