FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Niseko Village {JPN}
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2011, 4:28 am
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Here right now, got upgraded to a Deluxe Yotei room, the Pano King rooms and suites were not available (which corresponds to what I can book on the internet).

Happy with the breakfast so far (only 1 day). The western stuff isn't so fresh (eggs, waffles etc) but the selection of more Japanese foods though limited is actually quite good.

Onsen is great, I was there for 45 min by myself without anyone else. As for the tax, I assume you have to pay for this too even if it is an award stay? And I don't recall reading anywhere about the onsen tax on my reservation...

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Correct, the onsen is free. Well, sort of. You get charged a 300JPY/night onsen tax. Regardless if you use it or not. But this goes for all hotels in Japan with onsen.

What are you expecting?
Well, other than an UG and breakfast certs, I guess I don't know. Other Asian properties do things great, small things like daily fruit, daily chocolates, a welcome gift, stuffed animals etc. Otherwise to me this is just a regular Hilton stay.