FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]
Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:06 pm
treefrog

My wife and I stayed here last weekend using points. I am a Platinum member for what it's worth.

Great hotel and a great room. Our room faced South and was on the western (main) tower. We had a one bedroom terrace suite. Again, it was a beautiful room. Great lighting, huge shower and bath, two nice flat screens, etc.

We ate at several restaurants on the property. The food was good/great, but overpriced, which I expected before sitting down. We cancelled our reservation at the STK House after reading multiple reviews. The consensus seemed to be that the food was good (not great), but the tables were very crowded and it was a loud, almost club-like atmosphere. I will add that while the online reservations for STK showed it to be booked, the concierge was able to make a reservation for the time we wanted with only one day's notice.

As the above poster said, the Marquee nightclub is one of the hottest places in town. Lines formed an hour or two before it actually opened. We sat beside a VIP host (Darius) while eating a quick meal in the China Poblano restaurant. He showed us his list of tables for VIP service. A few had paid for $8000 - $10,000 that night for 4-5 tables of service/bottles. Hotel guests do get a bit of preferential treatment when getting in, but my guess is 95% of the clubbers were not staying at the hotel.

I booked a 2 1/2 hr spa package for my wife and she loved it. She said the spa was one of the largest and the most "plush" of any she's ever went to. They have large, beautiful spa suites as well for groups if needed. I scored a large amount of brownie points while doing this.

At check-out there were a few issues and there seemed to be with almost everyone with earshot. One thing is that all of their non-refrigerated mini-bar items are on a small "rack" that is monitored with sensors. I was told as soon as you pick up an item to just look at it, it gets charged to your room. We had a late checkout on Sunday and a hotel clerk came into the room to check while I was there. At checkout, we had 6-7 items that had to be removed. Also, we found out at checkout that we were supposed to have free buffet breakfasts both days. There was no mention of this. We were then going to be comped lunch on Sunday to make up for this, but we passed on that due to the lengthy wait - Mimosas and Blood Mary's can cause that. We were given a $40 gift card and we used this for a quick lunch at China Poblano. However, when we used the gc to pay, there was a balance of $37.xx on it and not $40.

Our arrival gift of milk and cookies turned out to be a small jar of candy. This was also charged to the room (lol) , but taken off at checkout.

The multiple pool areas are all gorgeous. They both have different features, which you can find online, but I do look forward to going back when its
warmer to enjoy them.

Make sure and check out the Chandelier bar. Tons of people stopped on the 2nd floor by the shops to take pictures. Just a really cool place.

One other thing - practically none of the hotel employees wear name tags. This is an attempt in hope of getting the guests to engage them more easily. All of the employees were extremely nice and eager to help.

Points - you can either get Marriott points or Identity points, not both.

The headaches were minor. We loved the hotel and did not want to leave, and definitely will be going back.