FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I the only one?
View Single Post
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:31 pm
littlesheep

Originally Posted by WillCAD
I took a lot of photos, did some hiking in the desert, saw some of the most beautiful, awe-inspiring sights mine eyes have ever beheld, and was moved nearly to tears at the sheer, unadulterated magnificence of places like Hoover Dam, Red Rock Canyon, Valley of Fire, and the Grand Canyon...

I still hold that position. I will never willingly submit to a pat-down, frisking, or whatever the hell they call it. I will not allow some government stooge to put their hands on my person. I'll go through the AIT scanner (despite how much I despise those monstrosities), but I won't let them touch me. If that means I can't fly some day because I get selected for a "random" pat-down, either at the CP or the gate, so be it. Trip ends.

Or, long drive home begins.
^ Agree completely. Feel the same way. I wouldn't risk going through the scanner mainly from fear of groping later, somewhat from worries of skin cancer, that's the only difference. But the sexual molestation is - simply, no, not going to happen. Over my dead body.

Also, incidentally, agree with your travel itinerary - the hiking in the desert, photography and canyons.