FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I got Silver Medallion, what does it really mean?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:27 pm
tkey75
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by barnburner
Gotcha. Thanks.
And the possible upgrades? How do you go about that? I usually check in the night before, but I wont know then right? Talk to GA? Does that mean arriving as early as possible, or does that matter? I read somewhere there was a upgrade list you could watch?
Man and thanks for all the help so quickly!
Re-look at your itinerary online. There's now a section to the right where it says "Upgrade: Requested". There's a radio button to view the list, but that goes away as the flight gets within a couple hours of departure.

When it clears, that will change to "Cleared" and you will have a new seat assignment. You'll get an e-mail, as well.

The FO window is 24hrs. I've often had them clear even further out than that (36-48hrs) but again, don't count on it.

It's okay to ask the GA where you are on the list if there's no GIDS, but obviously, don't be harassing.

Check-in time has no bearing to where you are on the list. The UG hierarchy is long and complicated and generally doesn't apply to you, since you're at or very near the bottom almost all of the time

Oh yeah, from now on, whenever you buy a flight when logged in with your FO SM#, it automatically assumes you want to request the upgrade and does so unless you tell it not to.

Last edited by tkey75; Feb 2, 2011 at 6:32 pm