FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LEFT June 28, 2010: Sheraton Richmond West, Virginia
Old Nov 21, 2002, 8:00 am
joltman

Kudos to Sheraton Richmond West on phone policy

It looks like Sheraton Richmond West is starting to get its act together, at least on the phone policy. Perhaps they got wind of the discussion under the $2.00/call direction thread that mentioned them specifically.

Anyway, I made a nearly 2 hr local call (dialup internet -- connected to Earthlink at about 26k, if you're interested) and I immediately checked out the interactive guide on the TV and saw that there was a charge for about $5 and change. When I got the bill under my door, however, there was no record of any phone call being made (i.e. they didn't just enter a reversal to back it out).

This has been one of my biggest peeves with this property. These annoying charges for local and toll-free calls ($.75 and $1 per call, respectively, plus an additional $.10/min after 60 mins). I heard here on that past thread that they would waive these charges for Platinums, but you had to stand in line at the front desk when you checked out and they would go over your bill and enter an adjustment for all the calls affected by the policy and print a new bill (too much of a hassle for me).

This solves that problem, although I think it would be nice if they informed Platinums (I'm assuming they only do this for Platinums) about this on check-in (perhaps with a little flyer or info sheet) so that people who aren't in-the-know don't read the phone policy and avoid using the phone entirely because they think that they'll get raked over the coals (and perhaps privately resent the hotel for it's steep charges because they don't know about this nice perk).

Anyway, kudos to the Sheraton Richmond West for taking some action on this! I think there are a lot of other Starwood properties out there that could learn from this.