FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why were you compensated and what did you get - 2011 Edition [Compensation] (Merged).
Old Feb 1, 2011, 2:40 am
bdschobel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by bdschobel
January 19: Booked LGA-IAD-ABQ. First flight was scheduled to depart at 4:40 p.m. but was delayed about an hour for unexplained reasons, causing certain misconnect at IAD. Rebooked LGA-DEN-ABQ. Scheduled to arrive 2 hours later than originally planned and lost upgrade. Was given 9000 miles by the gate agent without asking.

More on January 19. De-icing truck damaged aircraft for DEN-ABQ. Had to return to gate while United got another plane. Left very late and landed at ABQ after 1:00 a.m! (My body clock said 3:00 a.m.) Everyone on board got "appreciation" cards; mine was good for 10,000 miles (or two other options that I decided not to choose).

January 23: Flew ABQ-IAD-LGA. On first flight, audio was broken in my entire row. All that we could hear was very loud white noise. Couldn't watch the movie or listen to music. All passengers in the row got "appreciation" cards; mine was worth 9000 miles (or two other options that I decided not to choose).

I'm pretty happy with 28,000 miles for all the inconvenience. Seems very fair.
Hmmm...haven't seen even one of those promised 28,000 miles yet. The first 9,000 were supposedly requested on January 19. How long does it normally take?

Bruce