FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]
Old Jan 31, 2011, 5:54 pm
ironfist99

Originally Posted by Hibiki Rush
So I called in to apply for the Visa Signature at first, was told will get a decision in writing. Called soon after and specifically said I want to apply for the AMEX card, went through the process, then the rep came back on the line saying the system shows I have previously applied for this card and the application cannot be processed, I will get a decision regarding my initial application in writing.

I called 800-408-4311 for both to apply. Did they catch on to this, or did the rep mess something up and maybe process it as a Visa for my 2nd call? Though she didn't mention anything in the terms regarding the Visa verbiage like the 1st call. Should I call back or what? Ugh... didn't go as smooth as I had hoped.
To avoid this from happening we applied for the AMEX on the phone first and the VISA online. It is important to do the AMEX on the phone since the link no longer works with the promo code (although there is a link to an APP w/o the offer code that people on FW claim works, but YMMV). If they didnt' actually start the APP for AMEX, you still may be able to sign up for that card using the FW link. If they did start the application process, you are stuck with Citi's 2 apps in 90 day restriction and will be automatically declined.

Also, for the VISA, I suggest you call 888-201-4523 to obtain your Application ID, and then call the number listed on the 2nd post of this thread to try and negotiate approval. From my experience decision in writing is usually a denial, whereas the "under further review" and "we will call you in 5-7 days" is usual a deferral, which for me has resulted in them requesting more finicial informaion (on the phone) before they will give an approval.