FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyer “Processed” (Arrested?) in NM After Declining to Show ID
Old Jan 31, 2011, 2:16 pm
RichardKenner

Originally Posted by pmocek
That was my impression, as well. Mr. Breedon did not seem to recognize the absurdity of claiming that a form he planned to have me read and sign was so secret that I should be barred from photographing it.
That's no more absurd than the claim that the order in which the parts of the body are patted down is SSI (and I've heard that claim), but anybody who's patted down or observes a pat-down can clearly see what the order is.

Originally Posted by pmocek
It would depend on the file system (FAT-16, FAT-32, ext3, XFS, NTFS, UFS, etc). I'm not aware of any file system storing the date/time at which a delete operation occurred.
Off topic, but on some file systems, a delete is a modification of the directory above it, so you can tell that way. But this was a formating of the device. There's a possibility that the creation date and time of the directory might point to when it was formatted. Did you make a bit-for-bit copy of the card before running your software?

Originally Posted by TheGolfWidow
Mr. Breedon repeated twice, perhaps three times, that the form he was being shown by the defense attorneys was not the same form as the SSI form used by the TSA because the font was different and because of some slight difference with the check boxes. The impression I got was that Mr. Breedon was trying to avoid having to admit that he thought Phil was trying to film a document that is so secret that it's widely available on the internet.
Partly, but there's also the legal issue of validating the document that was presented by the defense. Were he to say that was the same document, it could have been presented as evidence.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Feb 3, 2011 at 10:21 am Reason: merge consecutive posts