FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Russell or W Tuscany in NYC?
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2002, 8:17 am
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Greetings Dan,
I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest the Westin Essex House as a superior choice in every regard.Its got the heavenly bed,a class act lobby,great location with killer Central Park views (sometimes suites face other buildings with non park views)awesome upgrades most the time.The mgt takes care of Plats .......don't know about golds.I myself will be trying the W Times Square this weekend to burn up my free friday and saturday as its the only W I haven't been in.But having stayed at the other 2 propeties you are considering I just don't feel they compare or come close in any special way.Have a great stay wherever you end up and feel free to ask me any questions regarding these or other properties.......
140 stays since 99 with Starwood alone
By the Way if I were gonna choose between the Russell and the Tuscany I would probably go with the Tuscany because it feels a bit more private,hip(know you are!) and has great beds)The one thing I did like about the Russell was the Bose Clock radios.
Shy of that I found it a somewhat very dated made over property.But by all means satisfactory.In the end its all personal preference
Say can I make my reservation now for the 2003 Hammer Tour?
Cheers

------------------
AA & Starwood,Marriott Platinum
Diamond Hyatt, Hilton
U/A 1 K
Swissotel Club Gold

[This message has been edited by 777 global mile hound (edited 06-26-2002).]