FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rights/abilities when correcting schedule change
Old Jan 29, 2011, 3:17 pm
andimal

Rights/abilities when correcting schedule change

I booked an itinerary using an e-cert (long in advance) and I'm now on schedule change #4. The difference in arrival times is now 3h21 from what I booked originally, although an earlier routing is now available that could cut that change to 2h07.

I'd now like to move the trip a week later. I thought that a change >=3 hours gave you considerable latitude in rescheduling. The CoC now seems to suggest that this limit is 2 hours in section 11.D, although the extent of permitted changes is not spelled out.

I just tried calling in twice and got two answers from a US call center:
- would change the date if the same booking class were available on the same routing (it's not)
- would only change to earlier or later flights on the same day (not useful to me)

My small sample thus far suggests a lack of clarity from UA on this issue. I'm not really interested in opinions on whether I'm asking for an unreasonable change, but would like to hear from people who have made significant changes (e.g., day of travel) stemming from schedule changes like this.