FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Redemption Help: DC redemption : need help checking availability for....
View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2011, 12:52 pm
littlevoices

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Hi Petkula73,

I have just, by strange coincidence, been looking for almost exactly the same redemption (from LHR) over the past few days - in summary I think we are both stuck until ~May when TAM (JJ) will release their award seats (they do so 6 months in advance), personally I need 2 seats and haven't managed to find those and my dates are slightly more flexible.

The best I could find was 2 LH seats in C to GRU (Sao Paulo) around this time, and then to add on an internal TAM flight 3 months before the flight. My own view from Air Canada is that they only ever seem to release 1 C seat (not sure why) - looking at all the LHR-YYZ flights in December most have only a single seat available, not quite sure why. The return flight was going to be a challenge!

However I'd be curious if you do get any useful suggestions I can reuse myself

Edit: Oh, and there may be some TK flights from IST-GRU again which you could get availability on and then later on add the internal JJ flights in 3/6months (Not sure whether a GRU-EZE flight counts under the 3 or 6 month rule) - in general, lots of availability to GRU (Sao Paulo) and not much to EZE

Last edited by littlevoices; Jan 29, 2011 at 1:01 pm