FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Country Inns & Suites: 10,000 bonus Gold PointsŪ for one night, through 02/17/11
Old Jan 28, 2011, 11:36 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jazzop
This property is participating in the promo. One caution: the management does not like to give late checkouts, even when the place is totally empty. The management in general is very tight and bossy.

There is a ton of street parking around there, much of it with no alternate-side restrictions. Don't waste your money on a lot/garage.

The subway is only a couple of short blocks away.
well I decided last Sun not to drive up to St George,UT for Mon night = having to wake up at 6am to get back to LAS in time for my Tues morn flight. OK being able to book the LVHilton for $55 and grab a cheap HH stay was the main factor.

So I booked LIC for last night it went for $65 for the COUNTRY code not bad. The streets area mess due to teh blizzard we had the other night. I thought maybe Id get a spot at teh Hotel. Well almost every street had a truck stuck and there were 2 stuck on the Hotels block. In teh end I found a spot and shoveled it so I wouldnt have any problem come this morn when I wanted to leave and didnt have any. A good thing Alternate Strreet parking was CXed in NYC as it was on a NO P Fri side

Walked the block to teh Hotel and saw there was 1 car in the so called lot (not alot just some 6 spaces in front of the Hotel, the other 5 had snow piled up in them so I wouldnt have been able to park there anyway

Was assigned a 1st room floor (not street level) the room was OK but freezing till they explained how to get the that going (mode button). It faced Mahattan but no view due being on a low floor. Was thinking of asking for ahigh floor but was too lazy

The only thing I didnt like about the room was the Mold and peeling of the ceiling above theh bath tub. Breakfast was if I was at a Hampton or Fairfield. Staff seems very indifferent but were helpful.

In nice weather its a Great location as the Queensboro Bridge is a few mins walk and it would be nice walking across it into Mahattan. For the $$ its a great place to stay if I didnt live nearby

Didnt ask for a late checkout as I left before 11am checkout is Noon, and wanted to be out even before that.

Accomplished what I wanted (I hope) getting the 10k bonus pts. For $78 ai not much to complain about

would go back if they run another promo, otherwise no need, especially with a new 4 Pts opening up nearby in a couple of months they should only have $65 rates