FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Room Type Guarantee Question
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:49 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Doc Chey's in Emory Village is a good, inexpensive choice. You can walk there from campus.

Downtown Decatur's Taco Mac's is another place that's inexpensive and kid friendly. My teen nieces and nephews love the place, so we wind up there just about every other week. Also in Downtown Decatur - Farm Burger (although expensive for what it is), Leons (slightly pricey) and Tanqueria Del Sol. After eating, stroll down Ponce to my favorite store, Heliotrope, and let them know some guy from the Internet sent you. They've got some cool, unusual, funky fun stuff. (My house is just outside of the Decatur city limits.)

The kids like Ted's down there, too. We once made up a whole story about Ted while we were waiting for our food. We told my nephew that Ted was some guy who sold billboard advertising so well that he eventually was able to buy the Braves, marry an Oscar winning actress, buy more land than anyone else in the country and own over a dozen TV stations, including Cartoon Network. Of course my nephew didn't believe a word of it. As if a man like that would open a restaurant in Decatur....