FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:53 pm
lcs75

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, USAirways Silver, SPG Corporate Preferred
VIP awards at Rome Cavalieri

Originally Posted by puppymama1
I found this thread by sheer luck - and need all the experts' help... My husband is a Gold Honors member and we have the Hilton Amex Gold cards. We are looking to book 5 nights at the Rome Cavalieri in October, and the website says it will be 300,000 points because it is a high season award and a Waldorf Astoria property... Can we use one of these AXON codes or VIP codes to have it cost less points? I don't care about having to do one for 4 nights and one for 1 night, that is not a problem... just don't know how to go about making the reservation... Any help would really be appreciated! Thanks and happy new year to all!
Hi puppymama-
I redeemed HHonors points for a 4 night stay at the Rome Cavalieri in May 2010. So lovely there. It should be only 204,000 using a VIP award. For some reason they don't have the VIP award chart up on the website anymore (http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...POnly/index.do) but call them. I redeemed for high season for 51,000 points per night. I'm diamond but I think the gold and diamond members get the same perks, which were free breakfast (which was great) and lounge access, which was very nice even though it wasn't the super premium lounge they have at the Cavalieri. The lounge for Hhonors VIPs is small but includes free wine, beer, and canapes, and it was enough for dinner for us a couple of nights. All together, we got free breakfast, spa and pool access (nice whirlpool), wine, and light evening meals for free on top of the free room, with balcony, etc. Also free transportation to downtown on the hotel shuttle. Great value for your points.