FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: "Round of Applause" Employee Recognition Program and Certificates
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:46 am
Halo117

Programs: AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by FXEpilot77
Yesterday, I missed my only other upgrade, on all things, TPA-MIA. No big deal, its short anyway. They do drink service and bag of snack mix in F on this flight and nothing in Y. I asked the F/A in coach if I could have a drink (long day at work). She said no, there is no service in coach. I mentioned that I was EXP and first was full and I would appreciate it if she could bring me a drink. She said that it wasn't possible because coach wasn't stocked with anything, so I asked why can't you get it from F galley, and she said because then all the other coach passengers would want something and it wouldn't be fair to them. I then politely mentioned that on much shorter Eagle flights (MKE/ORD) they serve only plat and exps, and not everyone. Somewhat irritated, she decides to go get the drink, and I tried to give her a certificate. She waved it off with her hand without saying anything.
The part of no service in coach surprises me and add the fact the FA said coach wan't stocked. Even WN does a drink service from TPA-FLL. What's up with that AA? Full service carrier right?

As a side note you practically had to beg for a drink whick is not classy and undeserving of an applause cert but TEHO.