FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:14 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by branman1986
Just thought of another angle. Going to coin all my "itinerant" workers that help me renovate/fix my rentals. They pay like a crazy 8% check cashing fee anyways so they may welcome it.
If they are going to check cashing places, then they are probably requiring you to make the checks out to them as an individual instead of a company since a company check isn't supposed to be "cashed" for cash, which means they probably aren't reporting it and would welcome the cash for less of a paper trail.

I used them recently to pay an electrician who wanted to only be paid in cash and not check. The coins actually served the purpose. He needed a part from home depot and asked me if I could advance the funds which I did with the coins so those went into home depots till to be circulated. I paid him in the coins after he was finished and he said his helper wasn't going to be too happy because he was going to have to give him his cut paying coins, but those coins served their purpose of being circulated