FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Room Type Guarantee Question
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:09 pm
lexdevil

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Room Type Guarantee Question

Staying at the Atlanta Marriott Century Center. Booked first night via priceline bidding. The balance (3 additional nights) were booked at a AAA rate on the Marriott website. Called weeks ago and linked my MR account w/ the priceline bookings. The rooms booked on the Marriott site were described as DD or King. DD is in my profile for room preference. When I called yesterday to arrange to stay in the same rooms instead of checking out and in between the back to back bookings, I learned that only 2 of my 4 rooms were DD. For some reason, my profile preference was not linked to half of my rooms.

Asked the manager to solve this, but was told that the hotel is sold out and that my room preference is not available. As a result, I'm sharing a King w/ a rollaway with my assistant (on floor 6, right by the elevator). I'm hoping they'll find me a room with two beds tomorrow. I don't want to make my assistant take the rollaway (I am shorter than she is), but I'd really rather not have it myself either.

Does anyone know if this is a violation of the room type guarantee, or if it only applies to a single room? Does the fact that the room type preference didn't transfer from my profile to the reservation mean the guarantee doesn't apply? I don't even care about the money, but I'd like to sleep in a real bed.