FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When you're traveling alone, do you list 1 or 2 people in the room?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 4:20 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Nope, have never put 2 in a room for safety reasons. Never occurred to me to do so & I've been staying in hotels for a long time.

I have occasionally put 2 if a friend is staying w/ me, but a few times when it pushed up the rate I changed it back to 1 & figured I'd take my chances w/ the friend getting challenged in the exec lounge (which for brekkie or lounge reason is really the only reason I'd put 2).

I always ask for 2 keys when checking in & tell them up front it's due to me losing them. Like travelingsalesgal I usually end up btwn 4-6 by the end of the stay if it's a longer stay. Heck, the front desk at times sees me coming & starts making up the replacement, saying did you forget it in your room again Ms SkiAdcock?

BTW - I think we're getting sidetracked by the Wyndham story. Let's face it - that's not actually the norm, and I doubt the 2 on the ressie would have made a difference.

Cheers.