FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best SPG property value for the points @ Rome, Milan, Venice, Naples, Pisa & Florence
Old Jan 26, 2011, 1:30 pm
KENNECTED
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by kay_jay
I am a platinum with SPG & have 80000 SPG points. Already booked my trip to Italy in March end. We are staying for 10 nights. Although we may not spend enough time inside a hotel room, mainly I would like to spend my points usefully, that can save my $$$ Vs Euros. Includes my wife, my 3 year old daughter & myself. I don't want to stay at Intercontinental as they always costs more points.

More than the hotel room comfort, I am expecting your help to find me few properties that are
a. closer to the main attractions
b. able to reach through metros/buses (we are going to travel in the train and not rent a car) even at night time
c. safe
d. convinience.

I would like to know few properties in Italian cities. We are planning to visit Rome & Vatican City (4 days), Milan (2 days), Venice (2 days), Naples, Pisa, Florence (1 day each).

Since 80000 points is not a lot, I would really need your help to redeem the points wisely at a good locations.
This, along with the master threads, may be of help
Help needed: Booking SPG points stays in Italy