FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2011, 1:03 pm
doctorjosh

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by BacAi75
My wife and I will be traveling from SYD to PEK via KLIA in April. It is an evening flight arriving KLIA at 04:30 am, and connecting flight to PEK at 09:00 am

My question: with business class ticket, will we be able to access the Golden Lounge at that time of the day? I've looked through their website and the MH Wiki site, they say the lounge will open at 05:00 am. I am not sure if I can access their shower and massage service (after a full 9 hour flight).
It also says it is Sattelite, does this mean it is in different building ? How do I get there from the Main terminal, especially at 04:30 am?

For the flights to PEK, do the flights depart from the satellite building? (My assumption is yes, as this is for int'l flights.)

We've read the good and the bad about MH here on FT, and as this is our "first time", we're hoping for one of the 'good' experiences.
BTW, does MH have a lounge in Beijing ?
Thanks
I believe the Golden Lounge may be open 24 hours but I'm not 100% on this. However, given that you are travelling on MH and arriving at that time, the lounge in the Satellite building should be open for your arrival and transit. All international arrival and departures are from the Satellite building unless your travel is from/to regional flights on a small plane, so you won't have any contact with the Main Terminal Building. MH do not have their own lounge in PEK but you'll have access to an associated lounge there.