FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Courtyard Gurugram Downtown, Gurgaon, India
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:04 am
J_Hawk

Programs: Shangri-La Golden Circle Exec, AA Exec Plat, United Premier, Marriott Plat, National Exec, SPG GOLD
Originally Posted by painintheuk
I have never been to Chennai, but CY Gurgaon was far and away the best CY I've stayed in, though that is only comparing to the US and Canada. It was even better than several FS Marriotts that I've stayed in. Except for a breakfast that wasn't outstanding (for a FS Marriott), I liked it.

I also haven't stayed in the other Gurgaon properties but there is information about some of those in this forum (under airport hotels).

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
The Chennai CY is much older than the Gurgaon CY, I agree that the Chennai CY is not a great hotel but it is the only Marriott family hotel in Chennai so for hardcore Marriott point hoarders it is the only choice. The Sheraton is nice in Chennai and there are several Indian-brand hotels in CHennair that are nice such as the Regency Hotel.

New Delhi/Gurgaon travelers also only have 1 choice in the Marriott family, the Gurgaon CY. It is a good hotel but it is isolated away from dining and shopping. The Leela is a great hotel attached to the Ambience mall. The mall has numerous dining, entertainment and shopping options. My company corporate rate at the Leela is double the rate that I enjoy at the Gurgaon CY so I've been staying at the CY for the last year on my New Delhi trips.