FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking to switch to MP - but want to retain my *G benefits during transition?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:53 pm
IslandSkies

Programs: All opinions/interpretations expressed here are my own and are not officially sanctioned by UA
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Welcome to FT, lemonmasher!

If you go the route of changing your number (which some people recommend), don't change your number to MP until after you check in or you will lose your baggage exemption and boarding priority. Or, you could also call and have UA add your AC number as FQTS (for status-related benefits) and your MP number as FQTV (for mileage earning).
Just wondering if anyone has had any RECENT success with this FQTS/FQTV process. In my res system there is no option for separate FQTS/FQTR fields for FF numbers. There is simply the FF field. It sounds like FQTS and FQTR are Special Service Request fields, like LFML is the SSR for Low Fat Meal requests, so I tried that and it works for FQTV but it says that FQTS is no longer a valid SSR. I called my support desk and they said FQTS is no longer a valid SSR for United. If anyone has success with a UA agent putting it in that way ask them what the process was and post it here. It'll help not just me as a UA agent but also other FTers who can then explain to agents on the phone exactly what the steps are. FYI I asked agents all around me and none of them knew about those fields much less how to do it.