FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold Run 2: Blame Canada! It's Only A Mileage Run anyway! (To YVR with AC, CO, BD..)
Old Jan 24, 2011, 5:13 am
Weean

Same but different

What a timely report! I'm currently in Cancun, having got here most of the way on AC, & returning all the way on CO via IAH.

I was on the AC859 that went tech on Saturday night, and I'm not currently feeling that well-disposed to Air Canada. They put us up in the Novotel (which was a relief because they originally told us we'd be in the Ibis), but didn't bother to grant us internet access or more than one phone call of 3 minute duration. Not great when I had a connection IAH-CUN with CO on a separate itinerary which I needed to change (and incur a change fee on). I was also originally going YYZ-IAH on CO, and had just got the upgrade through, whereas now I'd be doing it in the back of an AC Jazz CRJ

It also meant 22 hours of travel yesterday, hotel to hotel, so I wasn't really paying too much attention to Jeff's message. I'll definitely be paying attention on Thursday!

Here's hoping I get a better crew than you did on the London leg, although I had a really sweet crew last night, especially the darling FA who fetched me another gin & orange even after we'd started final descent. Of course, it's not hard to do a pretty good job when total load is 39 (and I had first class entirely to myself)

Oh, and that looks like Continental's standard breakfast for flights into the UK. It is pretty yucky, but I'll take it over Air Canada's cardboard muffin any day!

Last edited by Weean; Jan 24, 2011 at 6:33 am Reason: Breakfast