FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport [Master Thread]
Old Sep 12, 2002, 9:28 am
flyme2

Sheraton FLL on a PL stay:

I'm always a little apprehensive about airport properties, so it came as a pleasant surprise to my wife and I that our stay at the Sheraton was such a positive one. It began with a cheerful voice confirming my request for an airport pickup and providing directions as to where and when to wait. Fifteen minutes later, the friendly shuttle van driver arrived with an apology for being 3 minutes late and promptly loaded our bags and offered us cold refreshments from an onboard cooler. The "driver" turned out to be the hotel's Guest Services Manager, doing double duty during the 2:00 to 5:00 PM downtime. He went on to inform us about Sheraton's new 100% satisfaction guarantee policy and to let him know if there was any problem we might encounter while on property. We were very impressed with this young man's positive attitude towards his guests.

At check-in, the front desk employee never mentioned Priceline, but did note our SPG status and that we had been upgraded to a suite (one of only four) and Club Lounge access. Very nice. We proceeded to our suite on the 11th floor and entered to find a huge living/dining area with ample seating for six (both dining and lounging), a large television, a wide counter area with an empty fridge, 4 closets, and a powder room. A spiral staircase by a set of windows encompassing the two floors led to a bedroom and a full bathroom on the upper level (12th floor). Quite an interesting layout. We could view the inviting outdoor pool area and tennis courts from our window, but the inclement weather prevented us from actually using them. As previously mentioned in this thread, the hotel has undergone some major renovation work (completed) and everything was fresh and clean.

Evening hors d'ouevres consisted of warm phylo spinach triangles and meat filled pastry as well as cheese and crackers. Fruit and cookies were offered as dessert. Beverages were available at additional cost.

Our early morning flight prevented us from enjoying breakfast, but free Maxwell House coffee (not bad!) was offered in the lobby. Also note that the airport shuttle now begins service at 5:00 AM. Our 5:30 AM van was completely full (14 seats) due to an ATA flight crew, so if time is of the essence, don't dawdle and do get to the lobby early.

All in all, a very pleasant end to a wonderful week in FLL.