FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Washington DC [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2011, 3:25 pm
From NYC

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Am here now for a multi-night stay, having arrived yesterday, a Saturday.

I've been upgraded to a suite, not sure what terminology, on the 9th floor looking out towards Washington Monument and Potomac. Quite comfortable. Was not asked about Plat amenity, and haven't done anything about it as I just realized it. Was told I could use the large bottle of Fiji water that's part of the mini-bar without charge each day.

Was sent a terrific late of 3 perfect cheeses, some bread items, a bottle of wine and a bottle of sparkling water.

Yes, the lobby was quite a scene as the night came on with people lining up to go to the roof bar; there was also some sort of reception in one part of the roof area last night.

Not unexpectedly, was woken up about 3AM by some partyers in the room next to or above me. Called downstairs about it, and they promised to send someone to request some quiet. Didn't expect much, but did hear the music volume go down. For a few minutes. Then it went back. Called downstairs again, and they readily offered me another suite, either for the night or for the remainder of my stay. As I'd unpacked several things, didn't want to pack them up again, that night or today, so slept in the bed, then came back to my room. Gave them back the keys to the 5th floor room in the morning, with thanks. Received a lot of apologies, and I stated that such things happen on a Saturday night at a W.

Bed was very comfortable. Wish the shower pressure was stronger. Haven't yet tried any of the food operations. Will be using the Acura free drive test on Tuesday to get to an appointment. Am here for a conference next door at the Willard, but got a better rate here; plus have elite status here.

The curved 2-part couch in the living room isn't really an alternate nap place, but is comfortable to sit on. Lots of electronica in the room.

BTW, before I arrived, received an email from Reinier Bunnik, Director of Welcome Office, who was very helpful and responsive in advance of my stay. You can try him at [email protected]

Will update if anything else comes up during my stay.