FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booked AA Award to Hawaii outbound, need help with the rest
Old Jan 23, 2011, 1:59 pm
AGS

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, AAdvantage Platinum
Booked AA Award to Hawaii outbound, need help with the rest

I am trying to book award tickets on AA from Dayton to Kona for this December. I managed to find four MileSAAver tickets for the outbound leg from Dayton to Kona, so put them on hold. Tickets for the return leg haven't been released yet, and I'm new to this, so I'm not sure how to proceed. I've read several threads, but there seem to be different answers to my questions, so I'd appreciate some guidance.

I would like to keep the outbound tickets on hold until seats for the return leg become available, will AA allow me to do this?

If not, I could pay the 90K miles, but then if I'm unable to get anything for the return, can I cancel the outbound tickets and get the miles back? Is there a fee for this?

I was surprised that I was able to get MileSAAver awards going out on December 19th. Maybe I just got lucky. What are my chances of getting MileSAAver award seats returning on December 30th or 31st?

Thanks!
AGS