FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Companion Award in M&M problems - help needed!
Old Jan 23, 2011, 5:44 am
JayPS

Programs: LH/LO SEN, AF/KLM Platinum (Lite)
Companion Award in M&M problems - help needed!

Hi All!

To make long story short:

I have 2 extra segments in my booking, but my companion makes all her segments with me.
SEN Hotline informed me it is ok at the time of the booking but after 2 weeks charged additional 90k miles from me.
SEN Hotline informed me then twice I will get these 90k miles back (as I was charged them by a mistake) but it does not happen.
When I emailed M&M I got no answer.

Who should I contact to make a claim ? Can anyone help me to clarify it? Is LH Lurker a correct person to ask for help in this situation?

And my whole story with the details:
Last December I made 2 award bookings with the German SEN Hotline:
WAW-ZRH-BKK-HKT-BKK-FRA-WAW for myself and
WAW-ZRH-BKK-FRA-WAW for my GF.
ZRH-BKK in LX, BKK-FRA in LH, HKT connection for me in TG.
The second one was meant a companion award (50% miles).
Both in F and connections in C. Same dates of travel, just the extra 2 segments in my booking.
I could not make them identical as I was informed TG does not accept companion award, but at the time of booking I was informed it is not a problem as my GF is making all her award flights with me. (so I bought a revenue ticket for HKT connection for her).
Got charged 180 +90 k miles.
Unforunately, when I changed the date of my HKT connection (not changing anything in the segments common with my companion) I got -90k miles in my mileage account.
I called SEN Hotline and after checking my intineraries I got informed this was a mistake and that will be corrected and I will get my 90k miles back in a day or few days.
After a week when nothing happened I called them again, and got the same information - just wait, it will be corrected soon.
Then I wrote an email through SEN contact page of M&M - but didn't receive any feedback.
I waited patiently, but as it is 2 weeks today I called SEN Hotline again.
I was informed that the person who I talked to is not able to solve the issue, but some "colleague" wrote the note on the file that the companion award is no longer possible for these bookings (!!!). When I tried to learn more (are the rules changed while I already had my bookings made???) I was just informed that the person can't help me as I am talking to a SEN Hotline and not M&M (!!!) and that probably someone will call me back, but there is no clue when this could happen....

What to do ? 90k is a plenty of miles. Are the companion award rules really changed without notice??? And if so, can M&M change their rules after I already made my bookings? And if it just a system-created mistake, why they hesitate to correct it (I was informed by SEn Hotline twice, that I would get my miles back promptly).

Thanks !
Jay

Last edited by JayPS; Jan 23, 2011 at 6:28 am